Saturday, December 8, 2012

unit 8 Blog


Hi Everyone,

I just can’t believe it is already week eight; it’s gone by pretty fast. As I look at this exercise I wonder which two practices that I would use. I enjoy meditation so what would be one, and the other one I am not sure yet. After thinking about this I believe I would choose Loving Kindness because I believe that I enjoy bringing happiness not only to myself but to other people around me as well. As for meditation, I just enjoy it because it clears my mind and it brings what ever is going on into a clearer picture for me.

These two exercises that I have choose I can use in my everyday life. I can do them daily and they would ensure happiness around me. As for mental fitness both of these can give you the freedom a lot of people would be looking for in their life. This would be very important to me for balance within my life.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

Craig

3 comments:

  1. Craig, you did a wonderful job on your unit 8 blog. I agree this term has gone by so incredibly fast, it's hard to believe that its coming to an end, I have really enjoyed this course and I feel like I have learned a lot. I agree with you I think in most cases it is human nature to want to help others and make a difference in this world, that's why I also found the loving kindness exercise so helpful. I think that meditation is a great way to clear the mind and refresh our thoughts. Keep up the good work Craig.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craig, Gre post !
    This time of year goes by way to fast for me. From October to Christmas I am always so busy , it's crazy. I agree with you on the Loving Kindness exercise. I get a feeling of great joy and peace when I do this exercise. The exercise allows me to focus on everyone important in my life , or someone I want to focus my thoughts on because they are suffering from illness or emotional turmoil. It makes me realize how much I have to be thankful for and the inner peace I feel contributes to positive feelings for me, which in turn decrease my stress level.I hope you have a great "remainder" of this class!!
    Have a great week !!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Craig,

    I chose the loving-kindness and subtle mind exercises for myself. Actually, any kind of meditation would be beneficial for me. I enjoy just escaping from all the emotional turmoil in my life. Whether its doing these exercises, watching a movie or reading a good book- I realize how much unnecessary stress I am under dealing with my son's father. Anyway, it's been a really enjoyable class! I've learned a lot about myself. Have a great week!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete