Introduction:
It
is very important for all health and wellness professional to have the ability
to develop physiologically, spiritually, and physical plan to make sure they
truly understand their patients needs and wants within their lives. I am
convinced it is very important to practice what you preach. To be the best
provider you can be for your patients, you need be able guide them through
their life so each of them can reach integral health the most effective way
they can. Being ability to learn how physiological fundamental works within the
body will help to acknowledge the role of the mind in health and disease.
Having the ability to develop spiritually we will be able to discover unknown
ability to co-create with nature and the structure and function of our mind and
body (Dacher, 2006). When you start development physical plan everything then
will come into place.
Looking
at what I need to develop, I would say spiritually. The one thing I want to say
is that I do believe in God. There are many times I have a very difficult time
connecting spiritually within myself. The one thing I tell myself is that I
need to believe all of the time, not just now and then. I do believe having a
spiritually mind will help keep the mind and body in shape. My goal in my life
is to work with children on their health and wellness. I would do this by
educated them on the benefits on fitness, proper nutrition, and the diseases
that can be causes by poor fitness. By proper education we can limit children
obese we have in the world today.
Assessment:
I
am convinced that assessments are very important parts of someone life to
determine what their health status is. According to Dacher (2006), without
knowing which aspects of our life to work with we cannot effectively choose the
right practice or efficiently progress toward integral health and healing. As I
look at what we have done within this class I have the opportunity to assess my
health in the following areas physiologically, spiritually, and physical. The
question is where am I in these. I am going to assess those parts of my life in
the following scale 1-5 (one being poor and 5 being very good) to see where my personal
levels are.
Physiologically
well-being score would be 3 out of 5. I believe I could work on this part of my
health. I struggle with this because I want to changes things in the world. I
have a lot of positive things happen within my life with my family, friends,
and job that bring me to emotions I couldn’t describe. But there is a time when
negative things happen within my life I wish I could explain. This is the part
that truly bothers me. Overall I do enjoy my life even those there are
difficult times.
Spiritually
well-being score would be 3 out of 5. I believe that my having a strong
spiritually belief can improve your quality of life. I am truly convinced that
this can reduce stress within your life by just having faith and hope that will
get through situations that comes into your life.
Physical
well-being score would be 5 out of 5. I can say this because I still workout 6
out 7 days of the week. My workout
program is different everyday of the week with it lasting any where from 45
minutes to 90 minutes. I use to focus on heavy weighting early on but now it
more on aerobic exercises. The one thing I have change that has truly improve
health is what I am eating and how much. I believe taking in the right amount
of calories is important part of physical well-being.
Goal
Development:
Physiologically
goal is to never be ok with what is going on. I believe I need to continue to
strive for higher levels of physiologically well-being. The first thing is to
increase my overall happiness within my family and to eliminate any negative
parts of my life and replace them with positive parts. By having positive thoughts
will give the mind the opportunity to strengthen.
Spiritually
goal is to continue to have balance within my life. I am going to continue to
researching the bible and having a better understanding the meaning of it. By
doing this it will give me the peace I am looking for and help my family with
this as well.
Physical
goal is to continue improve my overall health, which will help my mind and body
as well. As part of my physical goal I would like to add more yoga, stretching
routine within my workout. I right now only do 2 days a week, so I would like
to add 2 more days. By doing this it would give me the complete workout that I
am looking for.
Practices for Personal Health:
Physiologically strategies: I believe their
activities you can do to improve and implement within your life. I first want
to strengthen my mind because with a strong mind you can accomplish a lot more.
By having the proper mental training for you’re mind you can reduce a lot
emotions that you may have. These emotions can be hate, fear, worry, and anger
and you can replace them with positive emotions like love, patience, and
happiness. The one strategy I would use would be meditation. I feel meditation
can bring your mind to an area where you could limit all of those negative
thoughts you may be having. I feel if you can meditate for at least 20 minutes
a day it would bring you into a place where you are feeling good about
yourself.
Spiritually
strategies: The strategy I would do is meet with someone who as more knowledge
on the spiritually belief. Having someone to guide you like a pastor/priest
with this it will give you the knowledge that you are looking for, because this
can be very confusing at times. I would met them at least once a week, once I
felt comfortable I would go on my own but I would plan meeting with them at
least once a month.
Physical
strategies: I would do this my changing what I do on certain days in my program.
By doing this it would make my program more interesting for me. If you kept the
same routine everyday it would get boring and I might lose interest. I feel
changing up every 3 months is the best thing I have done and well continue to
do. The best strategy is to enjoy your workout program because if you don’t you
will not continue with it.
Commitment:
The
one way I would be ability to assess my progress within the next six months is
making goals for myself. I would have short and long term goals for myself. Without
goals most people do not complete things they have started. Once I understand
all of my goals I would then use the proper techniques for physiologically,
spiritually, and physical parts I am working on. I would then track my process
through out the entire process by using some type of journal that I could
record my results. I have found this is the best way to see if you are staying
on track with your goals.
Reference:
Dacher, E. (2006). Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. Laguna Beach, CA.
Basic Health
Publications, Inc.
Great post Craig! I believe I said the same thing in my introduction about practicing what you preach. If a professional is balanced, happy, and fit the more likely they will be able to understand others' out of balance life and also help model a more 'normal' lifestyle.
ReplyDeleteI noticed that you mentioned the Bible as well. I have one, because I realized that its a start for myself at least owning one. I don't know if I will ever really read it, but I know there are some great statements in there. I had this conversation with my boyfriend this morning about it and I find it real humorous that he grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, he has read the Bible a number of times. Yet he fails and chooses to not live by those standards. I told him that he has no right telling me about the Bible, because he still to this day doesn't have ANY standards. He has been disfellowshipped now for probably 5 years.
That's awesome that you give yourself a good physical rating! I think its typical for more men these days to be fit, as my own father is one of them! I believe he still runs 5-6 days a week. My boyfriend though on the other hand, is very far from fit. He is not fat and doesn't look it, it's more on the side of his body style- he is Dutch so he is stalky.
I believe that the first step in getting help in any area of life is realization. We as human beings are not perfect. After so many relationships I even started realizing that every man has his own set of problems. It's not that I don't want to ever be with anyone else. But makes me nervous about moving on from my boyfriend because of our son. It's a very complicated situation that needs to change.
Best of luck to you!
Hello Craig,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading you blog and I myself believe in God as well. Like you my journey has been long but I always remember to pray to God for guidance, patience, peace, and strength when times get tough which is now most of the time. With that being said, we might need to access as much power as we can get. Along with prayer, I do enjoy treks into nature, yoga, relaxing music, using mental imagery and loving feelings those generate, and meditation. The centering is what I am after as is the rejuvenating properties I get by stilling my mind and focusing on the breath. At first, I found it quite boring but with practice and learning to exit my ego who likes to accomplish great things at the same time, I found great relaxation, increased concentration power, improved memory and can get my work done quicker with my enhanced creativity. Not bad! Plus i am happier and that is sure to reflect on my person.
Good luck in the future!