Thursday, November 15, 2012

Subtle Mind


Doing this exercise I was much more relaxing than I was during the Loving Kindness exercise. When I was doing the Loving Kindness exercise I could not get into my mind or body into it I just bored. As for Subtle Mind exercise I enjoy the complete exercise. I felt that my body was relaxing with each breath that I took during this exercise and my I heart rate went down and my mind was calm so I could just concentrated on my breathing. I believe that my breathing calms every thought I had and made everything  relaxed.

I believe that spiritual wellness is very important to your overall health. It helps you to believe in things that can improve your beliefs, behaviors, and the way you think overall. Having an spiritual wellness that is strong it will help with your mental and physical wellness. This is why I believe that my mental and physical well is as strong as it is because of my spiritual wellness.

4 comments:

  1. What activities do you do that help enhance your spiritual wellness? Do you think that spiritual wellness is related or an alternative term for religious well-being? Do you think that spiritual wellness is connected to physical wellness? In what ways? I also preferred the subtle mind exercise over the loving kindness practice because of the focus on our breathing. Thanks for sharing your blog with us and I hope to hear more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Craig, my mental and physical wellness rely on my spiritual wellness. Also, I had issues paying attention to the loving kindness but the subtle mind was more helpful. I have always been a fan of breathing as a way to relieve immediate tension, and sometimes pain. As for Heathers questions, I believe that spiritual wellness compacts the physical by relieving stress by faith and peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig,

    You did a wonderful job on your blog this week. I have to say that I fully agree with you I had a much easier time with this exercise, compared to the loving-kindness exercise, I found a way to deal with my distractions and thoughts and that was through my breathing, which was nice. I also agree with you in the last portion of your blog, I truly believe that all three of these aspects are necessary and almost fall hand in hand in order for us to be successfull and flourish in one area of well-being, we must first have a level of accomplishment in the other area. KEep up the good work Craig, I enjoyed reading your blog.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig,
    I really enjoyed the subtle mind exercise too. I was much more relaxed and focused on my breathing and able to clear my mind. Spiritual wellness is very important to our overall health and wellness and is interconnected with our mind and body. I feel that when all of these things are aligned then we can achieve optimal wellness. Great post! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete